In the competitive business world in Canada and anywhere else, staying covered is a very cardinal thing to do. From protecting your assets to ensuring that you’ve got a financial safety net, there are several reasons why you should consider getting insurance for your company. It seems like there are a million policies to choose from, and every insurance company now appears to have its personalized jargon.
So, what exactly is corporate insurance, how does it work, and how do you choose right? We’ll show why your company needs it, what you stand to gain from investing in the process, and how to find the best of all when searching for an insurance broker.
What is corporate insurance?
Corporate insurance, from the name, is an insurance type used by large companies and corporate organizations to protect themselves against different operational risks like theft, health benefits of employees, accidents, financial losses, and other unprecedented business-related events. It is also called business insurance and usually covers the company, its past employees, and current ones.
While there is a wide range of events and situations covered by corporate insurance, it has many other limitations. For instance, it may not cover for personal mistakes of an executive. Similarly, some business insurance providers may not offer services that protect your company against fraud perpetrated by employees or executives. This implies that, despite a substantial investment in protecting your company from obvious destructive situational factors, you need to add in intelligent decision-making to ensure that your business stays alive and serves its purpose.
Why do you need corporate insurance in Canada?
That said, we reiterate that insuring your company has a wide range of benefits. A few of them are highlighted below.
- Primary protection against disasters: One of the most essential things corporate insurance does for your business is keeping it afloat when things go awry. Life is unpredictable, and we all roll in a pool of intractable uncertainty. When you insure your company, you obtain cover for income losses due to unforeseeable events and natural disasters. It also protects your organization against loss of physical properties and assets like machinery, building, and furniture, in cases of theft, fire, or natural events.
- Builds customer confidence and client approval: Following introductory human psychology, uncertainty evokes unpleasant emotional states – fear, irritability, anger, cautiousness, and more. This is the subconscious background many people bear when interacting with uninsured corporate organizations. In stark contrast, awareness of your insurance stimulates a level of confidence that guides customers to deploy a healthier disposition when interacting with your brand. Being insured confers credibility on you and makes prospects more confident to work with you when they see that you – and invariably them – are protected against possible losses.
- Looks after your employees: Employees make a company – they are practically the owners of your brand. Looking after their well-being contributes significantly to positivity and productivity. Health insurance for your workers makes everyone feel taken care of. This empowers them to ‘reward’ you to dedicate their physical and intellectual resources to ensure the success of whatever your business is about.
Types of corporate insurance
The business world is a big place, and it is fast expanding to accommodate the increasing complexities of the twenty-first century. There are different forms of insurance, each for several purposes. Below are the most suitable insurance options for your business.
- Property insurance: This helps protect a company’s properties in the occasion of damages by natural disasters, fire, vandalism, theft or other circumstances. All-risk policies cover nearly all types of situations. On the other hand, Peril-specific policies only offer insurance for situations listed explicitly in the policy agreement.
- Group health insurance: Group health insurance protects people during health challenges. Terms and benefits are usually the same across the board and are good for a company with many employees.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: As the name implies, this type of insurance covers employee compensations in situations of health problems, disability or death.
- Professional liability insurance: Also known as Errors and Omission [E&O] Insurance, these insure an organization against negligence, professional mistakes and other forms of errors or omissions. This is particularly important if your company specializes in financial activities, accounting, healthcare delivery and law, among others.
- Product liability insurance: For companies that manufacture tangible products for different markets, insurance for possible product deficiencies is a must. Even if your products are always perfect, accidents may occur, and someone may get injured with your products.
- Business interruption insurance: Corporate firms and small businesses may experience pauses in business activities, which may lead to significant losses. Interruption insurance helps you cater to losses during any such stoppage period.
How to find the best insurance providers?
Finding the right broker for your business may be as strenuous as digging a sugar cube from the ocean bed. In addition, the ongoing technology-driven metamorphosis of the business world demands that every CEO and business owner must find a form of protection or another. Here are some tips for finding the right match for your business.
Insurance Direct Canada – an established insurance broker in Canada can help you acquire corporate insurance or provide you with quotes from companies like Manulife, Desjardins, answer any other inquires you might have.
The cost of insuring your company is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make as an entrepreneur. There are many companies out there in dire need of different types of insurance policies, including yours. Hence, the need for proper orientation and comprehensive knowledge before taking any step to insure and secure your company.